New moms take note! You’ll love these 129 nature names for boys. These earthy names are unique, uncommon and cool for your precious little guy.
We love the outdoors and we love a good baby name around here. So we’ve decided to combine these two favorites into an ultimate list of nature boy names (complete with meanings and origin).
These adorable earthy names are the perfect way to celebrate the new life you’ll bring into the world. Whether you’re on the hunt for a first name, middle name or both, you’ll find great inspiration from this ultimate nature names guide.
While we’ve included several uncommon nature names for boys like Aloe, Caster and Kaede, you’ll also find some great popular names if you want something more traditional. Bentley and Reed are two of our favorite popular names you probably recognize.
If you’re an outdoorsy mom, then definitely keep scrolling for all 129 names! And if you like nature-inspired names, you’ll love these magical fairy names for boys and girls!
RELATED: 171 Seriously Handsome Boy Names with Meanings
What are Earthy Names or Nature Boy Names?
This list includes names inspired by anything and everything you’d find in nature: trees, streams, meadows, you name it!
Each name is listed with it’s meaning so you’ll know the exact inspiration for the name as well as where in the world the name originated.
If you’re a lover of nature, you’ll be able to select a name specific to your favorite features and locations on our beautiful planet!
You can also find name meanings here, for any names you like that are not on this list.
We didn’t include any flower inspired names on this list because we actually have an entire post devoted them.
We thought each of the flower names we discovered were especially unique and deserved their own dedicated post!
You can read all our favorite flower names for boys here!
129 Nature Names for Boys with Meanings
RELATED: 170 One Syllable Boy Names (for First or Middle Names)
So here they are, the best nature inspired names for boys!
- Acer | Latin botanical name for Maple tree – Latin
- Acker | Meadows of oak trees – English
- Acton | Village with oak tree – English
- Adair | Oak tree ford – Scottish, Irish
- Alamo | Poplar tree – Spanish
- Alani | Orange tree – Hawaiian
- Alder | Tree name; old – English
- Aloe | Succulent plant – English, Latin, Italian
- Ambrose | Immortal – Latin
- Amir | King, ruler, treetop – Arabic, Hebrew
- Arbor | Tree – Latin
- Ash | Ash tree – English
- Ashton | Ash trees place – English
RELATED: Plan the Perfect Boy Baby Shower!
- Balsam | Nature name – English
- Banyan | The God tree – Indian
- Barkley | Where birches grow – Barkley
- Basil | Regal – Greek
- Bay | Berry – Latin
- Bentley | Meadow with coarse grass – English
- Bergamot | Bergamot plan – English
- Birch | Tree name – English
- Bjarki | Birch tree – Icelandic
- Bonsai | Tree name – Japanese
- Bramble | Blackberry shrub – English
- Bray | Marsh; place name – Irish from French
- Briar | A thorny patch – English
- Bromley | Meadow where broom grows – English
- Bud | Blossom – English
- Calhoun | From the narrow forest – Irish
- Castor | Pious one; plant – Greek
- Cedar | Cedar tree – English, French, Latin
- Cheney | Oak tree – French (you could also use Chaney which is the English derivative of the name)
- Coleus | Tropical evergreen plant – English, Latin
- Coriander | Bed bug – Greek
- Cornel | Tree name – Latin
- Cosmo | Order, beauty; plant name – Italian from Greek
- Cullen | Holly tree – Irish
- Cypress | Botanical name – Greek
- Danner | Dweller near the fig tree – German
- Darragh | Oak tree – Irish
RELATED: Creative Gender Reveal Ideas
- Eilon | Oak tree – Hebrew
- Elan | Tree – Hebrew
- Ellery | Island with elder trees – English
- Elm | Red, brown – English, German, Norse, Danish
- Elmore | Moor with elm trees – English
- Elwood | Elder tree forest – English
- Eoghan | Born of the yew tree – Irish Gaelic
- Evergreen | Tree name – English
- Fennel | Vegetable and herb name – English
- Figueroa | Fig tree – Spanish
- Forrest | Dweller near the woods – English
- Gardner | Keeper of the garden – English
- Garland | Word name – English
- Gelso | Mulberry tree – Italian
- Glenn | Valley – Scottish
- Green | Color name – English
- Grover | Lives near a grove of trees – English
- Gwydion | Born of trees – Welsh
- Hadley | Heathery fiel – English
- Hawthorne | Lives where the hawthorn hedges grow – English
- Hazelton | Settlement near hazel trees – English
- Hedley | Heather field – English
- Hemlock | Tree name – English, Greek
- Herb | Bright army – German
- Heywood | Guardian of the hedged enclosure – English
- Hideki | Bright tree – Japanese
- Huckleberry | Word and literary name – English
- Huon | Huon river pine; Tasmanian tree name – Australian English
- Hyacinth | Blue larkspur, special tree – Greek
- Indigo | Indian dye – Greek
- Ivo | Yew wood, archer – German
RELATED: Long Distance Gender Reveal Ideas
- Javor | Maple tree – Serbian
- Juniper | Young; tree name – Latin
- Kaede | Maple tree – Japanese
- Kale | Vegetable name – English
- Kauri | Tree; deer – Maori, Finnish
- Kingsley | King’s meadow – English
RELATED: 19 Extra Special Leap Year Baby Names for 2020
- Leaf | Nature name; heir – English, from Scandinavian
- Leighton | Meadow town – English
- Lennox | Elm grove – Scottish
- Linden | Linden tree hill – English
- Lizar | Ash tree – Basque
- Mandrake | Species of plant – English, Latin
- Marlow | Driftwood – English
- Moss | Descendant of Moses – English
- Naim | River with alder trees; happy – Scottish, Arabic
- Nash | By the ash tree – English
- Nima | Margosa tree – Hebrew
- Noyce | Walnut tree – English
- Oak | Tree from the genus Quercus – English
- Oleander | Botanical name; an evergreen tree – Greek
- Olivier | Olive tree – French
- Oren | Laurel or pine tree – Hebrew
- Perry | Dweller near a pine tree – English
- Phyllon | Leaf – Greek
- Pine | Nature word name – English
- Quennel | Dweller at the little oak tree – French
- Quince | Applelike fruit – Latin
- Reed | Red-haired; grass-like plants that grow in wet places – English
- Rowan | A tree with red berries; little redhead – Scottish, Irish
- Rue | Herb name – French
- Rye | Nature word name; cavalryman, messenger – English
- Sage | Herb; wise and knowing – Latin
- Salix | Botanical name – Latin
- Salton | Place in the willows – English
- Selby | From the willow farm – English
- Sheldon | Steep-sided valley – English
- Sherwood | Bright forest – English
- Silas | Wood, forest – English from Latin
- Sorrel | Reddish brown, botanical name – French
- Spruce | Tree name – English
- Sylvan | Wood, forest – Latin
- Tamir | Owner of many palm trees – Hebrew
- Tarragon | Herb name – Latin
- Thistle | Botanical name – English, Scottish
- Thorne | Thorn thicket – English
- Thyme | Nature name – English
- Tilden | Fertile valley – English
- Tomer | Palm tree – Hebrew
- Udell | Yew-tree valley – English
- Urki | Birch tree – Basque
- Valerian | Strength, health – Latin
- Vernon | Place of alders – English
- Walden | Valley of the – Welsh English
- Wilford | Willow ford – English
- Willoughby | Farm near the willows – English
- Yarrow | Herb name; rough stream – English
How Adorable are these Nature Inspired Names for Boys?
RELATED: 101 Joyful Christmas Baby Names for Girls + Boys
These nature inspired names are so fun and so cute! We loved putting this list together and hope you found some gems to add to yours.
Be sure to save this post to your Pinterest board for baby names and pass them along to your mom friends, too!
Want More Names?
We’ve got even more awesome baby names to share! If you loved this list, you’ll really enjoy these 63 awesome One Syllable Unisex Names and these adorable Uncommon Baby Boy Names.
Not sure if you’re having a boy or girl? Check out these beautiful strong girl names and two-syllable girl names!
And don’t forget to save these to your Pinterest for later!