Looking for funny twin names, or silly nicknames for twins?
You’re in luck!
We’re sharing 85 pairs of witty and funny twin names that reflect the joys of having two little ones, as well as silly twin nicknames for a touch of laughter that reflects the everyday chaos of parenting multiples.
Get ready to chuckle and perhaps find inspiration for your dynamic duo’s monikers in this lighthearted exploration of twin-naming fun!
Funny Twin Baby Names for Boys
Here are some of our favorite twin names for brothers, as well as silly nicknames that take inspiration from pop culture, literature, and music.
From Sesame Street to Ivy League Universities, you’ll find fun and funny twin names for boys that are sure to stand out!
- Bert and Ernie – From the popular “Sesame Street” television series
- Bill and Ted – From the movie “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure”
- Chip and Dale – From the classic cartoon
- Chip and Dip – Everyone’s favorite party snack
- Chris and Topher – Diminutives of the name Christopher
- Christopher and Robin – The first and last name of the main character in “Winnie the Pooh”
- Easten and Westen – Clever names taken from the cardinal directions East and West
- Flynn and Rider – The first and last name of a character from Tangled
- Holmes and Watson – From the famous literary detective, Sherlock Holmes, and his sidekick
- Jesse and James – The first and last name of the famous historical outlaw. Also a good duo of names with the same first letter.
- Mario and Luigi – From the Super Mario Nintendo game
- Mike and Ike – A fruity chewy candy
- Pete and Repeat – A clever play on words
- Phil and Refill – A clever play on words
- Phineas and Ferb – A Disney animated series
- Rick and Morty – An animated sitcom
- Simon and Garfunkel – A famous music duo
- Stan and Ford – From the Ivy League University, Stanford
- Thor and Loki – From the Marvel Series and Norse mythology
- David and Goliath – A classic duo of biblical names
- Tom and Jerry – From the classic cartoon
Be sure to also check out these Handsome Boy Names if you’re looking for something less silly for your twin boys.
Funny Twin Girl Names
We love these sweet and funny names for twin girls.
Find cute and clever combos borrowed from famous sports legends, geography, and more. And even if these won’t be the official family names, they make great cute nicknames for twin sisters.
- Abby and Gabby – A fun rhyming pair
- Abra & Cadabra – Famous magic words
- Anna and Elsa – Main characters from the Movie “Frozen”
- Blossom and Sweetpea – Cute plan names
- Brandi and Candi – A fun rhyming pair
- Bric and Brac – From the common saying “bric-a-brac” (a miscellaneous collection of small articles)
- Cagney and Lacey – A classic TV drama from the 80s
- Holly and Ivy – Decorative plants
- Holly and Molly – A fun rhyming pair
- Madonna and Rhianna – Two legendary music artists
- Mary-Kate and Ashley – The famous twin duo
- Paris and London – Iconic European cities
- Petunia and Rose – Two beautiful flowers
- Pippa and Kate – From the Royal Family
- Pixie and Dixie – A cute rhyming pair
- Satin and Lace – Two feminine textiles
- Stella and Luna – From the classic children’s book “Stellaluna”
- Thelma and Louise – A classic move duo from the 90s
- Venus and Serena – Famous tennis star sisters
- Wilma and Betty – Characters from the classic cartoon “The Flintstones”
Silly Names for Boy/Girl Twins
If you’re having boy and girl twins, here are some funny twin names you’ll recognize from classic TV shows, historical figures, and even cars.
- Bart and Lisa – Characters from the popular animated series “The Simpsons”
- Beauty and Beast –From the classic Disney movie
- Bella and Edward – Characters from the book and movie serious “Twilight”
- Bonnie and Clyde – Famous couple and historical outlaws
- Cognac and Brandy – Types of liquor
- Donny and Marie – Famous Osmond brother-sister duo
- Fred and Ginger – From the famous dance partners, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers
- Hansel and Gretel – A classic children’s fairy tale
- Jack and Diane – John Cougar Mellencamp Song
- Jack and Jill – From the nursery rhyme “Jack and Jill Went up the Hill”
- Jack and Sally – Characters from the movie “The Nightmare Before Christmas”
- Liberty and Justice – A clever play on words
- Lil and Phil – Characters from the cartoon the “Rugrats”
- Lincoln and Kennedy – American Presidents
- Lucy and Desi – Characters and real-life couple from the TV show “I Love Lucy”
- Luke and Leia – Characters from the “Star Wars” movies
- Minnie and Cooper – From the Mini Cooper cars
- Nemo and Dory – Characters from the kid-favorite animated movie “Finding Nemo”
- Oopsy and Daisy – A clever play on words
- Sheryl and Daryl – A cute rhyming pair
- Sonny and Cher – Legendary music duo from the 60s
- Will and Grace – A popular sitcom from the 90s
- Yanny and Laurel – From the viral auditory illusion that became popular in 2018
Funny Names for Boys and Girls
These silly nicknames and endearing epithets are perfect for multiples of any kind! They’re the epitome of funny twin names!
- Alpha and Beta – If one is dominant and the other more submissive
- Bed and Breakfast – If one is a sleepyhead and the other is a foodie
- Bubble and Squeak – If one is gassy and the other is prone to outbursts
- Chili and Pepper – For twins with a fiery disposition
- Copy and Paste – For identical twins
- Dayquil and Nyquil – Funny names from the cold medicine duo
- Double and Trouble – For mischievous twins
- Easy and Peasy – For easy twins
- Eenie and Meenie – A clever play on words
- Frick and Frack – Best friend twins
- Helter and Skelter – For rowdy twins
- Lemon and Squeezy – A clever play on words
- Miney and Moe – A clever play on words
- Netflix and Chill – If that’s how your twins were conceived!
- Night and Day – For twins that are opposites
- Peanut Butter and Jelly – For twins that get along well
- Rabble and Babble – For talkative twins
- Razzle and Dazzle – For outgoing twins
- Sleepy and Bashful – If one likes to nap and the other is shy
- Tater and Tot – A clever play on words
- Thing 1 and Thing 2– Famous duo from the Dr. Suess Book “The Cat in the Hat”
- Tisket and Tasket – From the classic nursery rhyme
- Zig and Zag – A clever play on words
Where else can I find funny twin names?
You can find inspiration for funny twin names almost anywhere.
To make your name pairs extra special, consider characters from your favorite books, movies, and songs. Or, look for famous historical duos like Lewis and Clark.
If you’re not sure where to start, this list of the 500 greatest duos of all time might spark some thought.
No matter what names you choose for your twin babies, we hope you enjoyed this list of funny twin names and had a chuckle or two.
Are their any name combinations you think we should add? What perfect pair of names did you end up choosing for your twins? Let us know in the comments!
More Baby Name Ideas
Find ideas for perfect baby names here: