There is NOTHING cuter in the world than a dog & baby together. Lucky for me, I get to witness this cuteness every day.
So today I’m sharing a few fabulous ways to celebrate the bond between dogs and babies who are BFFs, with a DIY project: a Matching No-Sew Dog Bed & Baby Floor Pillow.
Charlie loves helping to prepare their dishes and has been feeding them since she was 15 months old. It may be messy sometimes, but it is great for teaching responsibility (and respect for animals!).
Charlie is completely obsessed with dogs and has been since the very beginning. Together with her “Puppehs”—our Chocolate English Lab named Barkley, and our Pointer Mix we call Brie Cheese—the three are inseparable, and have a special relationship that is both hilarious and heartwarming to watch.
One of Charlie’s most favorite things is to lounge around with the puppies, which often looks like at least one dog and Charlie laying on the floor together.
I decided to help them enjoy their time while being comfortable, so I made these super simple no-sew matching DIY dog bed and floor pillow for them to enjoy!
DIY Matching No-Sew Dog Bed & Baby Floor Pillow
Here’s how you can make your own!
- First, gather or purchase your materials. You will need:
- Roughly 4-4.5 yards of fleece material (I chose to split that into 2 colors, but you could do just 4 of one)
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Old pillows, clothing, or stuffing material like polyfill to stuff inside
- A baby gate to keep the dogs and baby from trying to help 🙂
In total, I spent just under $20 on the fleece, which easily can be found on sale or reduced with coupons.
2. Measure and cut out pieces for both the dog bed and the floor pillow.
You will need two rectangles of the same size for each—I did one set (one rectangle of each fabric) slightly larger for the dog bed and one set smaller for Charlie since our dogs are large.
My pieces measured 32″x38″ for the dog bed, and 28″x34″ for the pillow, and I used old pillows to determine the size.
3. Keeping the pieces together, cut a 3″x3″ square out of each corner. Make 3″ cuts through both pieces of fleece at 1″ intervals around the entire outline.
4. Taking the matching strips from both the top & bottom, tie the strips together with a double knot on 3 sides of the pillow. Stuff in the old pillows or other stuffing, and finishing tying off the remaining side.
Final step: Let the dogs and baby try them out!
They loved their new dog beds/pillows, and while they don’t quite get whose is whose, it doesn’t really matter (though I think I need a 3rd one)! All that matters is they can now be comfy and cozy together.
And I can’t help but share this flashback picture. She is so little!
Do your baby and pet have a special bond? I’d love to hear about it!
You may also enjoy: