Looking for a fun party treat, a homemade gift idea, or just a fun way to spend an afternoon with kids? Check out these adorable decorated cookie treats—the little bee is sure to Buzz right into your hearts (sorry, had to go there!).
These would work so well for a baby shower dessert, kids party, or tied up in a little bag for a teacher gift. And best of all they are pretty easy to make!
Once you get the first few down you’ll be creating these bee cookie treats faster than bumblebees can fly.
Bee Decorated Cookie Treats
This post may contain affiliate links.
- 1 (15.35 ounce) package Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 2 (12 ounce) packages yellow candy melts wafers
- 1 (12 ounce) package black candy melts wafers
- 1 bag mini pretzels (2 mini pretzels for each cookie)
- Candy eyeballs (2 eyeballs for each cookie)
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt black candy coating according to package directions. If the candy is too thick to pour, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil or vegetable shortening. Stir well. Do not add water. You can add up to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil per bag of candy wafers.
- Dip each pretzel into melted candy. Allow excess to drain from the pretzel before placing on a waxed paper. Allow to set completely before proceeding.
- Melt yellow candy coating according to package directions. If the candy is too thick to pour, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil or vegetable shortening. Stir well. Do not add water. You can add up to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil per bag of candy wafers.
- Dip each cookie into melted candy. Remove cookie, tapping gently against the side of the bowl, allowing excess candy to return to the bowl. If air bubbles form, pop them with a toothpick. Place the cookie onto the waxed paper. Allow to set completely before proceeding to the next step. To speed the process, cookies can be refrigerated or placed in the freezer in a single layer.
- Transfer melted black candy coating to a piping bag or a zip top freezer bag with the corner snipped. Create solid lines across the yellow cookie as stripes. Allow to set.
- Group pretzels in pairs and arrange as wings. Pour about ½ teaspoon melted black candy coating in the middle of the pretzels and place the cookie on top. Apply a small dot of black candy coating to the back of each eye and press against the edge of the cookie, two eyes on each.
8. Allow cookie to set completely at room temperature or refrigerate for faster results. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Aren’t these just too cute? I can see them being perfect for Valentine’s Day (with a BEE Mine card) or a summer party standout dessert as well!
Enjoy! And be sure to Pin this to save for later!