Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in an event, survey, contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, password, photo, payment information (such as your credit or debit card and billing address), preference or interest data, and any other information you choose to provide.
If you provide an email address to invite a friend to participate in the Services, we will collect that email address and use it to send your friend such an invitation.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, web request, access times, pages viewed, web browser, links clicked and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
Mobile Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site; we may also collect information about you when you post content to our pages/feeds on third-party social media sites.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, improve and promote our products and services;
- Provide and deliver the information, products and services you request, processtransactions and send you related information, including confirmations and
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support andadministrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customerservice;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions,rewards and events offered by Company and others, and provide news and
information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content orfeatures that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entriesand rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand yourneeds and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
- When you participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information you provide may be displayed to other users, such as your name, photo, comments and other information you choose to provide;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Company or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
For information regarding data collection by Mediavine ad partners including how to opt out of data collection, please click here.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
DoubleClick DART Cookie
→ Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our site’s visitors based upon their visit to www.themomfriend.com and other sites on the Internet.
Our Advertising Partners
Company takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may review, correct or modify information maintained in your online account at any time by logging into your account and updating your profile information or by emailing us at [email protected] If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at [email protected], but note that some information you provide through the Services may continue to be accessible (e.g., comments you submit through the Services) and that we may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of our Services.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by sending an email to [email protected] If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://themomfriend.com.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.